Nigerian Army gives special promotion to 6,199 soldiers fighting Boko Haram
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General TY Buratai, has today Tuesday 25th July 2017, approved the special promotion of 6,199 soldiers serving in Operation LAFIYA DOLE to various ranks between Lance Corporals to Warrant Officers in the Nigerian Army.
The breakdown of the beneficiaries of the special promotion are as follows:
1. Staff Sergeants - Warrant Officers – 329.
2. Sergeants – Staff Sergeants –371.
3. Corporals – Sergeants –707.
4. Lance Corporals – Corporals –1,290.
5. Privates – Lance Corporals –3,502.
The COAS congratulates the beneficiaries and urged them to increase the tempo of the ongoing clearance operations of the Boko Haram terrorists in the North East.
Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman
Director Army Public Relations